- March 27th, 2013
- Write comment
TweetMany of you are reading all the blogs and media about the T-Mobile IPhone scheme and their plan to go contract-less. I figured, I would write something with some facts and some educated thoughts. Since, All the blogs only focus on the good.
Let’s start out with the facts. Incase, you are wondering I’ve had T-Mobile on five different occasions.
1) Yes, inside a major city, they service is great and their data is great. 100% agree. Now, with that being said. ANY wireless provider in the metro area can provide equal or better service. And, I am talking about pre-paid and post-paid. You can get whatever you want and you will see the same results.
2) T-Mobile will not cancel your ETF for any reason. I personally had no service in my home. They said I had to use wifi-calling, which did not work. By law, if a service provider cannot provide you with service in your home area, they are supposed to let you out of your ETF. Well, They did not, I had to contact the BBB, FCC , MX state , other parties and they finally let me go. Again, with this being said, T-Mobile gets approximately 147 BBB complaints PER DAY. I am not sure of the counts for the FCC / MX and others.
3) T-Mobile has been telling us about re-farming of the towers for almost two years now. So, they can bring in 1900 MHz and better their service. Well, I can personally say, they have only brought it up in a small amount of places and now they are trying to roll out LTE (Again, In the major cities ). So for the past five years , they got partial 1900 up and partial LTE up. I wonder how long it will take for them to get anything really done?
4) The all-powerful Apple IPhone! They are finally announcing a new Apple IPhone for T-Mobile. It was supposed to run on their 1900 network (ATT MODEL) , I guess this is not going to happen, then again who knows the real truth? But, again this is another PR standpoint for them to get more customers. Same goes with this new contract-less idea. What do you do when you have terrible service , terrible customer service , and you don’t carry an Apple IPhone? You go for a hail-marry attempt which is worded above.
Now for opinion part of the entry.
1) We all know they have 5-8 different pre-paid companies selling T-Mobile service and we all know why. It’s to get people to sign up for what they don’t know and when the service bombs on them. They can’t complain to T-Mobile because technically, they do not own it.
2) Will LTE come through? Will 1900 come though? Will any of these promises come through? Personally, I believe sure, in the major cities. And, the rest of the population outside of the major cites will wait many years till they see anything. They logically only turn on LTE / 1900 to the newest equipment they own. It’s cost effective.
3) Do I think you should run out and kill your current service because T-Mobile promises all this? No!, I believe in waiting to see what they will really do. They are much like politicians and will play the PR game. And, of course try to get people to jump onto the new things. Hopefully, you will not be one of those early adopters and be fooled.
This is all I have to say about this. Comments have been turned off on my site. If you would like to reply, You can reply on twitter or ADN @rhcp011235 or on G+.